- The user settings should be saved in the Library path.
- An application on Mac should be a single .app package. No other folders should be needed.
The user settingLet me start with the simple one. What we actually want to do is to place the worspace inside the Library folder. This can be done in the eclipse product configuration by setting the following program launching argument for the MacOS:
-data @user.home/Library/YourAppNameThis will use ~/Library/YourAppName as the default location for the workspace.
Making the AppUnfortunately, AFAIK, Eclipse is not capable of generating the single App thing. There has been an open bug for quite a while now and there seems to be no interest to address this problem. In the mean time there is a quite simple solution.
- Export the product the usual way. You will end up with the folder containing the .app, plugins, etc.
- Open the folder containing the generated stuff with finder, right click the .app file and select "Show Package Contents".
- Move everything except the app itself into the "Contents/Resources" folder of the package.
- Open the .ini file in "Contents/MacOS" with a text editor and update the